Online reservation terms and conditions
1 - General terms:
- Our online ticketing service enables customers to make enquiries, reservations, pay for ticket(s) using “SADAD”, Credit or Debit Cards and print ticket(s).
- It is the customer’s responsibility to ensure that the identification details shown on the travel ticket, correspond with the identification document.
- It is the customer’s responsibility to ensure that they have the required passport and visas for travelling on services that operates to destinations outside of the Kingdom. SAPTCO and its agents are not responsible for any loss as a result of customers having incorrect travel documents.
- Ensure that you have the necessary documents while using any of SAPTCO buses:
- For Saudis and Citizens of GCC Countries
- 1. Identity card.
- 2. Family card. (In case that the family members do not have their own ID card).
- 3. The original Identification letter for students or a valid student ID card to be eligible for student promotion if applicable.
- 4. The original Social Affairs Card for customers with special needs. (To be eligible for special needs promotion if applicable)
- 5. Travel of facilities is not permitted without the travel of the passport holder.
- 6. Travel to the Gulf States with a national identity or passport, with a minimum of 90 days' validity, for families and customers under 21, a travel permit must be attached.
- Citizens of Non-GCC Countries
- Residence permit or a valid passport, with valid visa where required for visitors.
- For customers who wishing to travel to the GCC countries, a visa for that country must be obtained through the websites or the embassy - Except for Bahrain, where visa procedures are in place at the entry point for KSA residents - in addition to the exit visa is required.
- Travel of facilities is not permitted without the travel of the passport holder.
- SAPTCO bears no responsibility for any loss, damage or expense arising from any delay in the service.
- Smoking is prohibited on all SAPTCO vehicles.
- The front seats of all buses are dedicated for families.
- Customers should attend at least 60 minutes before the intercity trip departure time and 120 minutes before the international trip departure time.
2 - Ticket Cancellation and Validity :
- Full priced tickets with no restrictions will be refunded in full less a cancellation charge of 35%. All refunds can only be made at SAPTCO stations.
- Tickets are valid for six months from the date of purchase. Expired tickets are not refundable.
- Discounted, advance purchase and special promotional tickets will have restrictions regarding change of trip or date and refunds in the event of cancellation. Please refer to the promotions conditions.
- Partly used tickets are not refundable.
- Refund Requests which applied from SAPTCO website, can take 5 business days to be processed .
3 - Making payment for tickets :
- The customer can make a payment using “SADAD” service, Credit or Debit Card.
- When using “SADAD”, the payment must be made within three hours calculated from the time of making your reservation.
- When paying by Credit Card the cardholder must be a passenger. The paying card might be requested for verification and must be presented accordingly.
4 - Luggage Procedures and Policy:
- Customers must ensure that all luggage are tagged using tags provided at luggage section.
- The weight limit is 75kgs per passenger for trips within KSA and 50kgs for international trips. For trips to Egypt the allowance is 150kgs.
- Luggage weighing in excess of the weight limit will have extra charges accordance with the rates shown at the luggage section or check in.
- The size of the stitch piece should be appropriate for the size of the storeroom in the bus and according to the following dimensions (50 cm width - 90 cm length - 40 cm height).
- In case of loss or damage to any luggage, SAPTCO’s responsibility is limited to a maximum compensation of SAR350 for each missing piece, after the completion of the required forms. The tags of each missing piece must be presented.
- Missing or damaged luggage must be reported immediately upon arrival.
- Do not pack valuable items such as jewelry, travel documents, passport, identification or medication in your luggage or any items you may need during the journey.
- For international trips to Egypt, luggage procedures must be completed 48 hours before departure for passengers travelling from Khamis Mushayt, Jazan, Riyadh and Dammam station and 24 hours for the rest stations.
- Certain items are restricted or prohibited for carriage, including:
- Items that are prohibited by laws and regulations of The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, or by those countries which are covered by our services.
- Items with dangerous nature such as any kind of flammables, firearms or animals.
5 - Children Travel:
- Children under the age of 12 are entitled to travel at half of the adult fare.
- Children under the age of 13 are not permitted to travel alone.
- Children aged from 13 to 17 may travel alone providing the guardian approval form has been completed.
- Infants less than two years old require a ticket which will be issued free of charge.
6 - Travel for customers with special needs:
- Customers with special needs must travel with a companion, in simple situations they can travel unaccompanied.
- The ID card and the disability identification card must be available.
- The special needs case must be allow them to travel and sit on the bus seats.
- The companion's ticket can only be used only while escorting the customer with special needs.
7 - Preventive measures from Corona Virus (Covid-19)
- The customer’s commitment to measure his temperature before riding the bus at the stations and agents ’offices, and those who notice symptoms of the virus (coughing - shortness of breath - overheating more than 37.7) are not allowed to board the bus.
- Not allowing anyone to ride the bus without wearing the mask and gloves during the trip.